Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Another Canvas in my Stash

G'Day....my gosh it's hot here in Aussie Land Victoria, in the 40's Celsius, not funny, cooling with a fan, just to save the aircon for the worst.

Anyways....my brain has been tickling me to create something for a sketch challenge and finally I had something good in mind.

Here is what I made...process first on paper then thoughts on how it looks on canvas...I think in my opinion looks good, love the same tones that work together. My confidence is slowly building about using canvas more. This was my last small canvas and I have two more that are about A4 size and flat....gotta build more courage for those ones..

 

 

I started with design paper and using the same block to create the whole feel of same tone design. I put a piece through a embossing folder called (not sure I think it was my first Tim Holtz folder. is he just not the greatest creative designer, wow love his steampunk and grunge designs, just fab).

The folder reminds me of a brick wall and the design paper matches to a tea. Next thinking hanging leafs and I got new leaf die cuts (MPress) and I cut out all three using matching tone colour and one same of the brick look.

I then used the sentiment from Cloud9Designs (simple thoughts - memories) and stamped on same tone design paper, cut around the edges with my new Victorian edge scissors and sponged with vintage sepia (Versafine).

I love the sentiment, goes with butterflies that I wanted to go with the theme. From a cocoon they turn into these beautiful butterflies, just perfection. I then punched out small butterflies in one tone and another darker tone to place on top to create depth, dimension and shadow on the piece.

Then I positioned elements according to the sketch. Then started think, put on card base or leave as is, but I have more design paper to match, looks like the size of a small canvas that I have reused. Hmmm. Tried out the size, fits and trim with the Victorian edge scissors to match with the sentiment background, then sponged the edges with vintage sepia and a bit inwards, looked too much plain.

Finally placed all my beautiful butterflies and adorned them with silver glitter. There you have it, in my opinion, a very neat and similar toned design, ready to hang on my wall.

 

I would like to enter my canvas into the following challenges :)

 

STAMPlorations - bi-weekly sketch #3

Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes

Simply Create Too - Anything Goes challenge #52

Addicted to CAS - code word - die cuts

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

 

Penny's Paper Crafting - Embelishments

 

 

Wow, couple of crafty designs so far and another design created earlier in the week for a very grateful turn as a Guest Desiger on a blog on the 20th of Jan, so stay tuned....

Cheers from a very hot Australia ! MONIKA

 

6 comments:

  1. Monika, I really like this canvas! At first glance, I thought you did some stenciling and used gesso or embossing paste to create the brick background. That's an awesome embossing folder! Love the monochromatic color scheme. Great job on giving this canvas a vintage feel! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas! I love the way you turned our sketch into an interior decoration piece. Great monochromatic color scheme. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Monika: Your canvas is BEAUTIFUL--love all the details. Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 – “Anything Goes” at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas Monika. Love the soft neutral shades and all the texture from your embossing and die-cut elements. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous die-cutting and I love the monochromatic color scheme. I feel your pain on such a hot day! hope you are feeling cooler temperatures.
    So glad you shared this fabulous creation with us ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly beautiful work of art, thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete