Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Simple One Layer Card

G'day

I am always scouring the internet for inspiration on how to create simple cards, for example one layer cards, which for me is nail bitting because I like to create a bit of mixed media on my cards, tags and canvases.

Recently Shery from STAMPlorations and One Layer and Mixed Media Blog has been creating one layer cards, so I took head and starting to think about how to create my CAS card, which I would like to enter sketch #13 on Shery's Challenge Blog which I am a guest designer.


Well here is my simple one layer card.  Click on photo for details on pretty colored flowers.





Here is the inside and angled to see the sparkle of the copper/gold paint on the sentiment



A simple one layer card made on white card stock.  Stamped with StayZon Jet Black and Versafine Vintage Sepia using stamp set Steampunk by Inkadinkado.

Its funny, my initial thought was to stamp the corner gears in vintage sepia but when I started inking and stamped already in black, it hit me then.  But I thought, why not, do the reverse.  I think it turned out alright.   Looks much better in real life.


I would like to enter my card in the following challenges :-

STAMPlorations - bi weekly sketch #13


 










Sisters of Craft - June Anything Goes

Crafting at the Weekend - challenge 2 Anything Goes

Suzy Bees Blooming Challenge -  challenge #32 Anything Goes

Simon Says Wednesday Blog - Fathers Day/Masculine

Inspirational Challenges - challenge #58 Designers Choice - CAS

Addicted to Stamps and More! - challenge #99 CAS



Cool, now I am happy...another CAS card on the way.....
Seems forever before I get my distress markers, maybe next month......


Seeya for Now
MOnika

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Monika :-) I love the whole CAS design of this,, fabulous ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS design! Love it! I have a problem creating one layer cards. I always want to have some dimension. :-). Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful one-layer-card! I always struggle with them. Great use of the stamps. Your design is very fresh. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card thanks for joining in at crafting at the weekend and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 32 anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such perfect stamping - a fabulous and unusual card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very eyecatching design. Love that you were inspired by our STAMPlorations sketch. You know you could hook up to our monthly challenge, Borders and Stamps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Monika, I love this one. Great CAS card and colour combination, very stylish! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Monika - you did a fabulous job with this one layer card. OLC's are my nemisis - just can't seem to get them right - argh!! But I sure do appreciate it when it see it done so beautifully. thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on you GDT spot and great CAS card love the stamps -a very elegant result
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card, thanks so much for taking part in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at the 'Sister's of Craft' --- Good Luck!! Congrats on your GDT spot!
    Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete