Monday, July 28, 2014

Loving Distress Inks and Texture and Dimension

G'day

Recently I have been enjoying creating with distress inks (spiced marmalade and broken china), a beautiful combination and blending of two colors. Before and still like the combo of wild honey and red barn which blend to create orange, just beautiful. Also the lovely combo of harmony of dusty concord and broken china.

At the moment I like exploring with the stanly knife, to create dimension and lift on images. I do not currently posses The Dimensional Cutting Pad designed by Tim Holtz, one of many creations on my list of collections to buy.

I am also liking my embossing folders again, which I have not used in a while. On this card I embossed the two panels together, so the texture is on the butterflies and the flower.

Here is my card.

I used a wheat stencil and sponged with spiced marmalade and broken china, spritzed with water and placed down on watercolor paper. Very light but not distinct on the pattern. So I sponged/squished spiced marmalade and broken china on my craft mat, spritzed with water and placed the panel down and lift off, then dried with heat again, did that again another two times to achieve the look I wanted.

I then stamped the butterflies and flower in archival ink coffee and with stanly knife cut the pieces so they would lift and pop of the page. Added some holographic glitter paint and jewels for some bling. The sentiment i used the rolling technique with the two distress ink colors.

On the inside I stamped the three words and used the rolling technique on the butterfly and stamped it off three times.

Here is the panel after water coloring it with spiced marmalade and broken china. I spritzed with water on an angle from the side and heat dried, love the water effect on this, beautiful

Here is the panel with the full embossed area using cuttlebug leaves embossing folder.

Inks Used: distress inks - spiced marmalade, broken china. archival ink - coffee

Stamps Used: stamplorations - artful butterflies. fiskars - friendly flowers

Glitter Paint - by Mont Marte - holographic

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges :-

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - Emboss it

STAMPlorations - July challenge - stamps and glitter

Inkspirational Challenges - #61 word prompt splash

STAMPlorations - bi weekly sketch #16

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for stopping by andHave a Fantastic Day

Cheers MOnika

 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Monika, so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning use of the sketch - that color combo is divine! Thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, simply love the technique you're using. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those textures and colors on your card are just lovely, Monika!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combined dry embossing.
    Thank you for sharing with us at INKspirational Challenges. Would love for you to join us again next time :o)
    Pia

    ReplyDelete