Been a while. I have been catching up on my crochet project Snoopy and Woodstock graphgan. Coming along nicely (with few hiccups along the way, but no matter, I keep calm and crochet on). I am half way finished.
Anyways. Always checking in to see what new challenges are around and again I found Mixed Media Card Challenge and Stamplorations Bi weekly challenge very interesting, using an autumn color theme and a new sketch.
My favorite colors of Autumn, yellow, red and orange, just gorgeous when you can create with Ranger Distress Inks with barn door and wild honey which blend in to make orange, especially when you use water spritzer.
Anyways, I bought more white 250gsm cardstock for my base cards at Office Works. (That was the main reason why I have not created more cards, I just ran out, who doesn't when one is having so much fun creating cards for all occasions).
Here is my card.
I stamped the sentiment with black ink onto vellum and colored in the letters with colorful markers to match the background leafs. I stuck the sentiment on top of the leave panel with glue stick, Glue stick is excellent for gluing down vellum, dries clear and cannot be noticed under the see through vellum.
I experimented with vellum a bit more, few days ago. I squished wild honey, barn door and scattered straw onto craft sheet and spritzed with water. I then smudged a vellum panel through the colors three times, drying with heat gun in between, The vellum does curl but when you glue it down on paper it is all even.
Turn out excellent, dries and has same effects as if doing it on water color paper. I then used my leaf die cut and cut out five of them. I then glued them onto a project I was doing but did not like the outcome, so I cut the leafs out. And now I am using one of them for this card. I used pop dots to give the leaf dimension on the card.. I think when you glue the vellum onto white background makes the colors pop more. On the leaf you see on my card that is the result of using distress inks with water. Very cool.
I enjoyed making this card, I like when they are simple. Makes me feel content.
Inks Used :- Ranger Distress inks - wild honey, barn door, scattered straw
Stamps Used :- STAMPlorations - thankful, grateful set
Die Cut - MPress 3 in 1 nesting dies Leaves
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges :-
- Mixed Media Card Challenge - #3 Autumn Colors with an option leaf/metal (me leaf)
- Simon Says Stamp Blog - Monday Challenge Rock the Technique (mine watercolor with distress inks)
- Addicted to Stamps & More - challenge #113 Holiday
- The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - challenge #4 Color Photo Inspiration (mine colors of the flower on the left, the yellow, orange and red, reminds me of autumn)
- STAMPlorations - bi weekly sketch #20
- 613 Avenue Create - challenge #89 Anything Goes
- Just Us Girls - trend week - #258 water coloring (mine watercolor with distress inks)
- STAMPlorations - September challenge Stamps & Markers
Thank you for stopping by and hope to hear from you soon