Saturday, September 28, 2013

CAS Challenge

G'Day

I have recently come across Addicted to Stamps and More blog....At the moment there is a challenge #64 called Addicted to CAS.




I have cringed within myself and created a clean and simple Christmas card with my rubber stamps and die cuts from my cuttlebug....

It is an effort for me to create CAS as I usually love to embellish my creativity...but clean and simple is slowly growing on me.

Here is my completed CAS Christmas Card. 

Trying to get a good angle and the light was not participating too well, that is why a few pictures.


  

 
 




A card base, textured white, that I created myself based on the A2 size and orientated horizontally.

Using simple die cuts of two size squares (two textured complimentary green card stock), on my cuttlebug machine to frame up my Christmas tree (stamped and fussy cut), which is raised on pop dots to give the tree dimension and also the whole frame raised on pop dots to have the red and white ribbon running under and across the whole card.

Finally a Christmas sentiment of Ohh Christmas Tree to compliment the focal image.  Also adding a touch of silver glitter to the tree to make sparkles.

There you go a simple and clean (CAS) Christmas Card.

Stamps used :
Christmas Tree from the set Vintage Christmas by Fiskars.
Ohh Christmas Tree rubber stamp.

Inks used:
Ranger Archival Ink Library Green

Wow I am impressed, as I say so myself.  I really like this card....good it inspires me to make my Christmas Cards early, nice and clean and simple...


The challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More is still running, so if you would like to participate click here for the challenge and rules for entering....

Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think of my CAS Christmas Card.


Cheers
MoniKa

3 comments:

  1. A very sweet CAS Christmas card, Monika! Fab layout and I like how you used the twine. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue...I have enjoyed making this card and will look forward to other challenges that ATSM will have in the future...

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you found our challenge at ATS&M. I think your card turned out wonderfully. I like the pieces of twine to set off the sentiment and your petite tree. I used to feel the exact same way you described about CAS (I used to cringe too) - but the more you do it the better it feels - I promise :o) Hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete