Sunday, September 29, 2013

Paper Craft Challenge with Sherry

G'Day

I have come across Sherry a very nice lady who is very creative in scrap-booking.  She has an etsy shop which sells scrapping supplies. I have bought a many from her store.

At the moment she is holding a holiday paper crafting challenge on her blog called  stamplorations challenge blog 

Visit Sherry's challenge and guidelines at STAMPlorations Holiday Papercrafting Challenge

Here is my third entry a holiday tag celebrating Christmas in Vintage style.. Click on picture to view better and bigger card with detail.





I started with a fresh tag from Sherry's store and sponge on some vintage sepia ink on the top and bottom sections.  I then took some rusty hinge distress ink and sponged on the center.  I then sponged on with wild honey distress ink to highlight the area of the sentiment background.

I wanted to add some background stamp to the center area which i did with script stamp with a masking technique..I then wanted to differentiate the top and bottom background with a grid stamp.

I then stamped on the Merry Christmas sentiment.....I wanted to add on a Christmas tree but was not sure in what way....so i decided to fussy cut one fancy Christmas tree (rubber stamp), from a fresh tag to give it some stability when i use pop dots to lift it of the page and create 3D and shadow on the tag.

Then i fussy cut a present and a star and placed them behind the tree.   I then stamped two ornaments at the top and to cover the empty space under them i stamped one of those (still not sure what it is called) and decorated the three centres with stick on gold pearls.  Finally I sponged the edge with some vintage sepia ink to bring the Christmas theme together.

I love how this Christmas Tag came together...I wanted to keep the vintage type colour with the whole design of the tag to keep it simple and coordinated and to bring a bit of effect choose the tree and pearls to bring a bit of pop to the design.

Here is Sherry's sketch I followed for the challenge.



I am happy.


Sherry also has a wonderful facebook page called 'All About Scrapping" which she also posts about the challenges and her other crafty creations.


I hope you will follow me on this new adventure of stamping and scrapping...spread the word....



I also share my scrapping on my facebook page which is called Monika's Artistic Flare. 


Have a Fabulous Day
MOnika

No comments:

Post a Comment