Sunday, September 29, 2013

Papercraft Challenge with Sherry

G'Day

Been a while..just chilling and being crafty..

I have decided to include in this blog my scrapping creativity.
Which includes cards, tags and mixed media projects.

I also share my scrapping on my facebook page which is called Monika's Artistic Flare. 

Thus the following has transpired at the moment.

I have come across Sherry a very nice lady who is very creative in scrap-booking.  She has an etsy shop which sells scrapping supplies. I have bought a many from her store.

At the moment she is holding a holiday paper crafting challenge on her blog called  stamplorations challenge blog 

Visit Sherry's challenge and guidelines at STAMPlorations Holiday Papercrafting Challenge

Here is one of my entries a holiday card during the start of season. Thinking of You.  click on picture to view better and bigger card with detail.




I started with a panel of white stock paper and decided how to make the the partitions. Then with my distress inks I colored the partitions in with sponging and masking technique.

I recently bought these beautiful leaves stamps from Sherry and decided to stamp those with vintage sepia ink.  In the middle section  i masked of the leaves and sections and stamped the script stamp across.

I then stamped the sentiment 'thinking of you' which came with a set of rubber stamps with flowers, again bought from Sherry's store.

Recently i bought these fab cut out shape stampers, a dragonfly in two sizes and a small butterfly, which i thought would be a nice touch and bring some dimension to the panel.

I also stamped some leavey and swirls border across the middle section to bring in some pop of color and interest.  Again using masking technique.

Finally to add interest on the top and bottom sections I took to my trusty cuttlebug and used the small flower folder to create texture to the panel, then i used some distress inks on top of the small flowers to make them pop.

Also final touch was glitter to the butterflies and dragonflies..I made the butterfly and one of the bigger dragonflies lift of the page with some pop dots to raise them of the panel to create a 3D and shadow on the panel.

I then cut a black textured paper to size to give the panel a border then stuck it to a myself made green card base.    There you have it a "Thinking of You"  card.

Depending how i feel i might make another holiday themed tag this time to enter into the same challenge...we may submit up to 3 entries for this challenge.

Here is Sherry's sketch I followed for the challenge.


Sherry also has a wonderful facebook page called 'All About Scrapping" which she also posts about the challenges and her other crafty creations.

Good news I have won runner up for this challenge....very cool and happy to win some designer paper.  Also here is my badge for being top pick in this challenge.




Have a Fabulous Day
MOnika



No comments:

Post a Comment