Monday, December 9, 2013

A Lovely Piece

G'day

A while ago I bought a stamping kit from Shery called "All About You" from her etsy store All About Scrapping.  Very cool kit to get started in stamping, lots of fun.

Anyways....I saw these two pieces of wood, atc size and wondered what i can use them for....after all this time, i took a piece out because i wanted to recreate a tag I made that i love so much.

Here is the tag....


Gosh - the original tag has more depth and deeper colors.

Just simple to make....I used background design paper, sponged over with rusty hinge distress ink and edged with walnut stain.  Just loving those distress inks, cannot get enough.  Decided to go a bit steampunky and stamped flying critter and couple of flowers.  I thought for a bit of a twist, a dragon fly, since I have the whole punch for, ahhhh, now the name comes to mind....where did that come from.

Stamped some rusty hinge on paper and whole punched out the dragonfly.  Now for a sentiment that is so lovely from a set called simple thoughts - memories by cloud9designs. Stamped on white paper and sponged with rusty hinge and edged with walnut stain.


Cool....love so much...I should seal it with matte mod podge, cool stuff that is.

That is how I thought I could recreate on the atc wood piece...I tried...but for some reason I find difficult to make same twice...not sure why....but I tried and took a while and here is the result.






I have sealed this one with mod podge matte finish and is now magnetically attached to my fridge....very cool....this are lovely pieces of the right wood piece for my fridge...must get some more.....soon.....

click on the pic and you can see the gold glitter on the flowers and dragonfly.


Same concept as the tag just with different sentiment, added flowers with gold glitter on the edges and a dragonfly with gold glitter to make sparkles.  I love this one, looks better in real life.

Hope you like them too...love to hear your thoughts....


I would like to enter this piece on the wood atc size to the following challenges:-

Scribble and Scrap - challenge 37 - Always Anything Goes












Cheers and thanks for stopping by
MoniKa

1 comment:

  1. Great project. Love the colours you've used...so warm.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete