Sunday, December 29, 2013

Finally Some Heat Embossing

G'day

Yay :)  Finally bought the 'stuff' that I have been admiring for a while now.  I surf the YouTube frequently for ideas on mixed media, CAS, tags and how to with different techniques.   The one that I have been liking the most is heat embossing.

Such a different way of making backgrounds to my cards, tags and anything I can think off.   So in the last couple of days, (aha...bought myself a pressy for xmas, with hubby's advice that I buy what I know and need, rather then him getting me random stuff), I have been experimenting with heat embossing.

Got me some embossing powders by Zing, silver (metallic finish), lavender and leaf (opaque finish), heat gun and watermark ink by VersaMark.

Here is my first attempt to see what each color looks like.
 

Here is my second attempt, tried a bit of emboss resist. Used the wrong color distress ink too dark.



Now, my third attempt, a bit of thinking this time.  The lavender works perfectly with distress ink broken china, sponge all over then wiped off the heat embossed butterflies (KaiserCraft - hummingbird) and a lovely saying stamped over with stazon - jet black, and stamp by  - cloud9 design - simple thoughts travel).



Fourth attempt. I really like this one and the beautiful colors that work together.
Distress inks - dusty concord and broken china and same saying as used in the above tag. This one I used the silver, metallic finish by Zing.



I even tried to heat emboss with a punched out leaf with the leaf opaque finish embossing powder.



This is so cool, so i decided if this would work on an embossed folder background.  Here is the result.


It is the lavender flowers that are heat embossed.  I then sponged up a pen like thing and colored in the leaves with distress ink crushed olive and then sponged the whole panel with distress ink broken china.  Then wiped off the access and tada.   I love this, so I saw some challenges and made a card with this lovely panel.   The colors work so well together.   All in harmony on the color wheel.


Check out my next post about this new card I made.

see ya for now....love to hear your thoughts on my heat embossing and would love to know some tips on how to heat emboss a better way.

thanks for stopping by and say hello and pass on word....cheers...MOnika

No comments:

Post a Comment