Friday, March 21, 2014

A Bit of Vintage

G'day

Thought I would do a bit of water coloring using vintage style look with feathers and butterflies.

I created the background on water colored paper and stamped images from STAMPloarations (vignette: trendy feathers, aritiful flutters and electric floarls).

Before I stamped the images I stamped an Asian script all over the page, somehow slightly disappeared during following processes.

I used distress inks by Tim Holtz (walnut stain, brushed corduroy, faded jeans, forest moss) for stamping images and then using water to color them in.  I wanted to achieve that dark old look.  I then water brushed with faded jeans in between the images to fill in white spots.

Once dried I crumpled the water color design paper to make look old and cut the edges with Victorian style design scissors.

clik photo for details


I created a background for the design to sit on.  I just discovered how to create my own homemade crackle paint and decided to go with the greens and blues (distress paints), in the pic it looks a bit brighter then real life.
Apologies for the unfocused picture.  Love how the crackle turned out.  Each time I make one it turns out different, but I like this one, has bigger cracks.


Not sure what to do next, I wanted to have some kind of script or something, so I went through my stash of designer paper and glued the pair onto that.


I found some nice sayings from a design paper pack.  Above picture playing around with placements.

The final outcome....thought too big for a card so i pasted it on a piece of flat canvas.


I wish I did a better job on cutting straight, I am one of those that does not cut very straight.  I eventually bought a guillotine, much better.  But using designer scissor thats another story.....I do my best.


Anyways I thought I would share....I really like how the background with feathers and butterflies turned out....should have done something else with it...i think too many layers with frames...should have simplified it a bit....no worries all looks good in real life.


I would like to enter this panel in the following challenges:-

STAMPlorations - bi weekly sketch #8 challenge


THnaks for stopping by....stay tuned...I stilll have a panel project to share and another card I have made today.


seeya MoniKa

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous background you created, Monika. And DIY crackle paint? I must check that out. Thanks for linking up your pretty project with us at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete