Friday, March 21, 2014

A Crackle of a Card

G'Day

I just love making my own crackle paint, so easy, check out my post on how to make homemade crackle paint.

I created crackle paint on black paper using distress paints (dusty concord, wild honey, broken china and peeled paint). I find them easier to paint with, they seem to be smoother then acrylic paint.

I just love distress paints by Tim Holtz. I reckon they are so cool I am slowly building up the whole collection of colors. I have so far, broken china, barn door, peeled paint, wild honey and dusty concord.

I cut the dried crackle paint to size and made small banners out of them.
I then stamped a sentiment (STAMPlorations vignette - trendy feathers) in versamark watermark ink and heat set it with Zing silver embossing powder on black paper and cutting out.

I wanted to make a simple card (CAS).

Here are pictures. clik for detail of the crackle paint.


I was not sure what to do with the fourth banner, three is always good number, so I decided on a flower, always makes a simple statement. The banner looked like a vase, cool. I was not sure about the stem, thus left it at that.
Accompany the sentiment, on the front, Just a Note, i wanted inspiring words on the inside, so I stamped words from STAMPlorations artiful flutters.
That's it, a simple card....cool...
 
I would like to enter the following challenges :-
 
Divas by Design - Flower Power
Scribble and Scrap - always anything goes
CAS on Sundays - challenge #29 One Layer Wonder
Stamlegarten Challenge - challenge #23 one layer card
 
See ya soon...Monika

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Monika, I'm a big fun of Distress Paint myself and really like your simple card, lovely composition. Thank you for sharing with Divas by Design and good luck, hugs Justyna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great.Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thankyou for joining us over at Scribble and Scrap - hugs Lynn DT :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice CAS card... the crackle design looks very special. Thanks for joining us at Stempegarten challenge.
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow so loving the crackle, awesome. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete