Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Another Butterfly Card

G'Day

Felt like making another card the other day based on the sketch at CAS(e) This Sketch..I seem to be hooked on pretty butterflies recently hmmm....

Here is my card..

On the below card I was playing with the tones of photos on my iphone5.

 

I used a couple of craft tags, that's why they are a bit darker toned, in real life they the card is much more darker vintage toned.

I stamped the flower (STAMPlorations simple flowers and sentiments) and water coloured it with distress inks (dusty concord, wild honey, green olive, walnut stain)..I used golden glitter glue for the leaves and butterfly.

The butterfly (STAMPlorations artiful flutters) I stamped on tag with dusty concord and again to watercolour it with distress paint (barn door, wild honey) fussy cut for dimensional look. I also cut around tag with my pretty design of vintage style scissors.

I stamped the sentiment (Fiskars home sweet home) in (ColourBox wicked black) and the wavy border (STAMPlorations patchwork frenzy) in dusty concord. The last thing was to sponge the edges with dusty concord.

For the card base a glued on design paper with script by KaiserCraft vintage timeless and sponged the edges with distress ink dusty concord.

I then glued on the tag with sentiment onto the card base then the focal image tag with pop dots onto that tag for a bit of dimension. I also added a stick on pearl in the hole of the main tag for a bit bling..


 

Cool...me happy..just love using tags, I wish I had Manila tags instead of craft tags, I think the colours would be more vibrant, but I love craft tags tool....

Apologies for so many pictures trying to show the true colours in real life, the closest was the first two photos.

 

I like to enter my card in the following challenges.

Crafting by Designs - Things with Wings

Crafting by Designs - Anything goes March (2nd entry)

Virginias View Challege - # 1 watercolouring

Craftyhazelnuts Patterened Paper Challege Blog - March Challenge (2nd entry)

CAS(e) This Sketch - sketch #67

 

Hmmm still thinking about a Spring themed project, I see there are a few challenges with this theme...Thinking more butterflies, flowers, colourfull background...maybe another simple card....

 

See ya for now....MoNika

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Monika! Gorgeous take on this vintage card with water-colors! It's beautifully done with the glitter and distressing! Great job on your attentions to details! Thanks for linking up to Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty! Lovely take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inked edges and touches of glitter. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for March - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete