Thursday, March 20, 2014

More Watercolouring..Just Fab

G'Day

I just love water colouring stamped images with distress inks by Tim Holtz..

I made a similar background as the card on the previous post, just loving butterflies at the moment.

Here is the card

This is the inside of the card

 

I used water colour paper, smooth side and inked up the following stamps. STAMPlorations (artiful flutters, thankful grateful - leaf, electric florals, it's all about you). KaiserCraft (bonjour - butterfly). Rubber stamps (flowers).

using distress inks (wild honey, dusty concord, spiced marmalade, crushed olive, shaded lilac, scattered straw, dried marigold, faded jeans) and memento (sweet plum) for the swirls.

I used water colour brush and coloured it all in with water, including the surrounding white areas. I stamped the sentiments glued them on design paper and again on single design paper. I put you are on pop dots to make stand out. The rest of sentiments on banners and glued on single colour design paper.

I put the completed design on single coloured blue design paper then onto base card adding dots with white gel pen to enclose the whole design.

For some bling I added some pearls to the flowers and an extra flower for some dimension.

It does look bright for a background, I should try one with lighter shaded, stamping off the image first.....

I keep thinking it is too much happening in this card....don't know! Self doubt..yuky....do you get moments like that, share your thoughts, if you like.

 

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges.

STAMPlorations - biweekly sketch sketch #8 challenge

STAMPlorations - monthly challenge March - spring and stamps

Scribble and Scrap - always anything goes

That Craft Place - flowers

 

That's is all for now....I have another project on canvas to share...stay tuned....

 

Cya for Now. MONika.

 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Monika, this is really pretty - that designer paper you created as a background! Beautiful colors, too! Hugs, Cornelia STAMPLorations- DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monika, I really like the colors you used for the background. Very cool watercolor effect -- this really looks like a spring-themed card!

    ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monika, your background is beautiful! I often have self doubt about my cards and what I've been talking with my stamping friends, many of us have the same! But I've noticed it's usually only the maker of the card who thinks there are "flaws" -others have no idea and just love what they see! :) Same here: Your background is very beautiful and I love the colors and all the fun stamps you've used together. Makes me want to stamp! :) Have a nice weekend and thanks for joining us again at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! The colors are amazing and I adore the images you used! I definitely DO NOT think there is "too" much going on--it's just the right amount! HUGS and have a great weekend! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I'd love it if you'd visit my blog (On a Stampage)--I have blog candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colourful background Monika, and how you've carried the theme through to the inside of the card (I tend to neglect the insides!). thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the watercolour effect you have here.. great background. Thanks for playing along with STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love what you have done with the inside too. Thankd for joining us at That Craft Place

    Stacey S
    TCP DT xx

    ReplyDelete